Bedford Community Health Foundation is committed to our community partners, the non-profit organizations that provide health care or health related services to residents of the Town and County of Bedford. We will continue to fund proven programs as well as fund exciting new initiatives. The Foundation is able to give back because of its community-minded donors who want to make Bedford one of the healthiest communities in the state. Below is an overview of our most recent grants awarded. Contact us if you would like more information about any of our grants, scholarships, or initiatives. We would love to talk!
- SML Good Neighbor Awarded $8, 645. Funding for summer camp program provided to at-risk children
- Sedalia Center Awarded $5,643. Expansion to children’s playground area
- Bedford Domestic Violence Coalition Awarded $5,100. Funding for client transporation
- Lutheran Family Services of Va Awarded $5,111. Purchase of needs-based household and medical equipment
- Lake Christian Ministries Awarded $9,000. Funding to continue the dental and denture services program
- Food For Kids Awarded $5,600. Funding towards backpack program.
- Roanoke Rescue Mission Awarded $2,000. Diabetic testing supplies to Bedford residents seeking shelter
- Casa Awarded $1,500. Training for 6 CASA advocates
- Centra College of Nursing Awarded $15,000. Tuition assistance to Bedford residents pursuing careers in healthcare